Source: ‘Significant progress,’ but no arrest in bombing

WQAD.com

(CNN) — Investigators racing to solve the fatal bombing at the Boston Marathon have made “significant progress” in the case but no arrests, a federal law enforcement source told CNN’s John King Wednesday.

The FBI also officially confirmed in a statement that no arrests had been made.

The denials came after sources previously told CNN that a suspect was in custody.

One federal law enforcement source told CNN that “anyone who says ‘arrest’ is ahead of themselves.”

A Boston law enforcement told CNN, “We got him,” but won’t clarify whether that means a suspect has been identified or arrested.

Some federal sources said it was even too early to say investigators had identified the suspect, but several sources in Boston told CNN that they have a clear identification.

The back-and-forth developments came after a chaotic day in which investigators revealed more details about the makeup of the bombs and apparently…

View original post 873 more words

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s