Originally posted on CBS Miami:
TALLAHASSEE (CBSMiami/AP) – The regular session of the 2013 Florida Legislature came to a close on Friday.
While over 30 bills passed, like the bill to extend foster care from the age of 18 to 21, others didn’t make the cut.
Listed below are the measures that failed.
- Banned abortions that are based on the race or gender of a fetus.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
- Helped the Miami Dolphins by kicking in money toward the $400 million needed for Sun Life Stadium renovations.
- Set uniform state standards for workers to seek compensation from employers when they say they haven’t been paid their full wages.
- Allowed Florida’s craft breweries to sell 64-ounce containers of beer for customers to take home.
- Prohibited judges from applying foreign law — including Shariah, or Islamic law — in Florida cases.
- Eliminated mandatory life sentences for juveniles convicted of first-degree murder and allowed judges to consider factors like an offender’s age…
View original 365 more words